WOODSTOCK 50 MOVES A STEP FORWARD

Jul 03, 2019

By Andy Johnson

Share on

A key local official in central New York says hosting the Woodstock 50th anniversary festival on short notice “could pose a significant challenge” but that isn’t stopping the organizers.

Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente says the challenge is really preparing for the health and safety of residents and concert goers with the event just over a month away.

A mass gathering permit application for the Vernon Downs Harness Track and Casino has now been filed after operators of the original festival site pulled out last month.

The Woodstock festival has faced a series of setbacks, including the losses of a financial partner, a production company and Watkins Glen Race Track which could hold up to 150,000 people.

Vernon Downs can only host up to 65,000.

The Festival is scheduled for August 15th to the 18th

Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: