MIKE RICHARDS RESIGNS AS ''JEOPARDY!'' HOST AFTER PAST MISOGYNISTIC REMARKS RESURFACE

Aug 20, 2021

By Bob Komsic

Share on
Mike Richards, executive-producer of the TV game show ”Jeopardy!”, has announced he’s stepping down as host immediately.
This comes after a report surfaced this week detailing past misogynistic comments attributed to Richards.
”Over the last several days it has become clear that moving forward as host would be too much of a distraction for our fans and not the right move for the show,” said Richards in a note to staff.
”As such, I will be stepping down as host effective immediately.  As a result, we will be cancelling production today.”
The note also indicated he will remain the show’s executive-producer.
”I known I have a lot of work to do to regain your trust and confidence,” Richards added.
He also told staff that the search for a new host will start again with guest hosts returning to continue production for the new season.
Richards was officially named last week to replace long-time host Alex Trebek, who died of pancreatic cancer last November.
Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: