Dec 17, 2020
By Christine Ross
We’ll find out Friday about further restrictions and what regions will move up in the COVID framework after the province’s top doctor says he’s made recommendation to the Ford government after calls for stricter rules.
“We have our usual pattern of looking at which health units that would be changing in the framework and that will be going for decision making tomorrow,” said Dr. David Williams. “I’ve also been asked recommendations on what we might do further to deal with the matter and I made those recommendations.”
Dr. Williams says the province was in a precarious situation last week and is now trending in the wrong direction.
He adds the province is looking at strategies to help people isolate properly, especially in low-income areas.
Meantime, Premier Doug Ford says don’t expect curfews, but everything is on the table when it comes to further provincial lockdowns.
“The worst thing we can do is rush out there and make a snap decision in a heart beat, we have to make sure that if we do make this decision, is it going to be two or three weeks or 28 days,” said Ford. But he’s pledging more financial assistance for businesses impacted by further restrictions.