SMOKING CAUSED QUEBEC SENIORS' HOME FIRE?

Jan 25, 2014

By Bob Komsic

Share on

Police in L’Isle Verte, Quebec say it’s too early to know what caused Thursday’s blaze at a seniors’ residence, but an employee is quoted as saying he’s almost certain it was smoking related.

When the fire alarm went off, the employee reportedly saw smoke pour out of a room on the second floor, shortly after he had told the person in that room not to go outside for a cigarette.

Meanwhile, during an update this morning police said the death toll remains at eight but that the number still missing was now 24.

Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: