Jan 25, 2014
By Bob Komsic
Police in L’Isle Verte, Quebec say it’s too early to know what caused Thursday’s blaze at a seniors’ residence, but an employee is quoted as saying he’s almost certain it was smoking related.
When the fire alarm went off, the employee reportedly saw smoke pour out of a room on the second floor, shortly after he had told the person in that room not to go outside for a cigarette.
Meanwhile, during an update this morning police said the death toll remains at eight but that the number still missing was now 24.