May 16, 2013
By AM740 Staff
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford is threatening to kill plans for a new casino after Ontario’s governing Liberals refused to divulge how much money it could bring in for Canada’s most populous city.
Ford says if the province doesn’t agree to $100 million in hosting fees, the “deal is dead.”
He made the comments after Finance Minister Charles Sousa said Toronto may have to make its decision without the new revenue-sharing formula for hosting cities.
Sousa has confirmed that the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. handed him a revised hosting fees formula last month.
But he wouldn’t say whether he will make it public before Toronto city council was slated to vote on it next week.
The OLG had to revise the formula after Premier Kathleen Wynne made it clear in March that she didn’t want Toronto to get a special deal.
To learn about advertising opportunities with Zoomer Radio use the link below: