May 13, 2013

By AM740 Staff

Share on


It’s news that Canadian Snowbirds who like to spend Winter months in Florida or California or Arizona, or some other sunny spot will welcome.

The United States is considering changes to legislation that would allow Canadians to spend more time in the country.

Right now Canadians are allowed to live in the U.S. for only six months.

After that, you’re considered an American for tax reasons.

That means tax assessments in two Countries Canada and the US.

Provisions in a massive immigration bill that’s before the U.S. Senate would allow Canadians to stay in the U.S. for 240 days, not 182.

The bill would apply to Canadians 55 and older who own a residence in Canada and who rent or own in the U.S.

But OHIP rules  forbid Ontarians from spending more than six months outside the province if they want health coverage.

Advertise With Us

To learn about advertising opportunities with Zoomer Radio use the link below:

Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: