After a weekend that looked like a winter wonderland across southern Ontario, today a lot of the snow from Friday’s storm will melt and drain away. We’re into milder temperatures for one day, before returning to freezing temperatures overnight and tomorrow. Here in the city of Toronto, it’s raining. Freezing rain warnings in Peel, Halton, York and Durham Regions have ended, but are still in effect for Belleville-Northumberland and Peterborough and the Kawarthas. There are some school bus cancellations this morning:
- Durham Student Transportation Services has cancelled all schools buses north of Highway 7.
- All buses to schools in Muskoka for Trillium Lakelands District School Board. All buses to St. Dominic Catholic Secondary School, and Monsignor Michael O’Leary and Saint Mary Catholic elementary schools.
- All buses to schools in Haliburton for Trillium Lakelands District School Board.
- All buses to schools in City of Kawartha Lakes for Trillium Lakelands District School Board. Buses to St. John’s (Kirkfield), St. Mary’s, St. Dominic, St. Luke’s and Pope John Paul elementary schools and St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School in Kawartha Lakes.
- Student Transportation Services of Central Ontario has cancelled buses for Peterborough city and county, Campbellford and Northumberland County. Transportation service will be offered as normal in Clarington with the possibility of individual route delays or cancellations.
- Wellington-Dufferin Student Transportation Services cancelled buses for South Wellington, Guelph, Centre Wellington, Erin, North Wellington and Dufferin County. Because of those cancellations, the following schools are closed: Aberfoyle Public School, Brisbane Public School, Eramosa Public School, Ponsonby Public School, Centre Peel Public School, Kenilworth Public School, Maryborough Public School, East Garafraxa Public School, Laurelwoods Elementary School and Primrose Public School.