The work week is getting off to a messy start.
A freezing rain warning is in effect for Toronto and much of Southern Ontario.
Snow, freezing rain, and ice pellets are all part of the mix for this morning. That will gradually change to rain. And then fog will develop this afternoon.
We’re expecting about two-to-four centimetres of total accumulation.
Here’s the list of school-related cancellations in the GTA and surrounding areas:
- Durham public and Catholic schools: All buses are cancelled north of Highway 7.
- Halton Region: All student transportation to public, Catholic and French language schools. All schools are open, except for those that are designated to close when school buses are cancelled, according to Halton Student Transportation Services.
- Peel District School Board: all buses are cancelled.
- York Region public and Catholic schools: all buses and student taxis are cancelled.
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board: All buses in Peel Region, including Caledon and Dufferin County, are cancelled.
- Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board: all schools and administrative buildings are closed, student transportation is cancelled
- Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board: school buses are cancelled.
- Bluewater District School Board: all buses to Owen Sound, Dundalk, Flesherton, Markdale, Maxwell, Meaford and Thornbury.
- Nipissing-Parry Sound: cancellations for Mactier, Humphrey and Rosseau.
- Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board: school buses for all zones are cancelled.
- Trillium Lakelands District School Board: School buses cancelled for all schools in Muskoka and the city of Kawartha Lakes, plus St. Dominic Catholic Secondary School, Monsignor Michael O’Leary and Saint Mary Catholic elementary schools, St. John’s (Kirkfield), St. Mary’s, St. Dominic, St. Luke’s and Pope John Paul elementary schools, and St. Thomas Aquinas Secondary School.
- Waterloo Region District School Board and Waterloo Catholic District School Board: school buses, taxis and special education routes are cancelled. All schools are open, except for Floradale, Linwood, Three Bridges and Waterloo-Oxford public schools, and St. Agatha Catholic school. Secondary school exams are cancelled.
- Wellington-Dufferin: All student transportation cancelled for South Wellington, Guelph, Centre Wellington, Erin, North Wellington, Dufferin County. The following schools are closed: Aberfoyle Public School, Brisbane Public School, Eramosa Public School, Ponsonby Public School, Centre Peel Public School, Kenilworth Public School, Maryborough Public School, East Garafraxa Public School, Laurelwoods Elementary School, and Primrose Public School.
In addition, more than 100 flights have been cancelled at Pearson International this morning. Most of those are to northeastern US locations including Boston and New York. Air Canada, West Jet and Porter Airlines have all issues travel advisories. They all advise travellers to check their flight status before leaving for the airport.