May 13, 2023
By Jeremy Logan
The City of Toronto says there will be a number of road closures and restrictions in effect this weekend and beyond to support critical infrastructure work and special events.
Event road closures:
• St. George Street, from Harbord Street to College Street, and Ursula Franklin Street, from Huron Street to St. George Street, will be closed on Saturday, May 13 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the University of Toronto Science Rendezvous.
• Gould Street near Victoria Street will be closed on Saturday, May 13 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the Toronto Metropolitan University Science Rendezvous.
• Crawford Street, from College Street to Branca Gomes Lane, will be closed on Saturday, May 13 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the Portuguese Walk of Fame.
• Elm Street, from University Avenue to Elizabeth Street, will be closed from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 13 for Meagan’s Hug.
• Rolling road closures on Yonge Street, from Lawrence Avenue to Exhibition Place, will be in effect from 4 to 11 a.m. and Lake Shore Boulevard West, from British Columbia Road to Bathurst Street, will be closed from 4 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the Sporting Life 10K on Sunday, May 14.
More details are available on the event notice: https://sportinglife10k.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Digital-Event-Notice-10k-2023.pdf
Construction road closures:
• The westbound lanes of Pottery Road, from Broadview Avenue to Bayview Avenue, will be closed on Friday, May 12 at 8 p.m. until Monday, May 15 at 6 a.m. for bridge rehabilitation.
• Markham Road at Highway 401 will be closed on Saturday, May 13 at 10 p.m. until Sunday, May 14 at 10 a.m. for the Ministry of Transportation to remove a portion of the highway’s bridge deck. During the closure, southbound traffic planning to access Highway 401 eastbound collectors will be detoured to Markham Road’s northbound on-ramp via Progress Avenue. Northbound traffic planning to access Highway 401 westbound collectors will be detoured to Markham Road’s southbound on-ramp via Progress Avenue.
• Peter Street, from Richmond Street West to Queen Street West, will be closed on Saturday, May 13 at 7 a.m. until Sunday, May 14 at 7 p.m. to safely dismantle a tower crane.
• Bloor Street West near Dovercourt Road will have reduced lanes on Saturday, May 13 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a crane hoist.
• Queen Street from Victoria Street to Yonge Street and Yonge Street to Bay Street remains closed to all vehicle traffic for Metrolinx’s construction of an Ontario Line connection to Queen Station. Pedestrian access is being maintained.
• Lake Shore Boulevard West, from Rees Street to Spadina Avenue, remains reduced to two lanes until Friday, May 31, 2024, for Enwave construction that will expand the Deep Lake Water Cooling system.
More information on road closures is available at www.toronto.ca/RoadRestrictions.
To learn about advertising opportunities with Zoomer Radio use the link below: