TORONTO COUNCILLOR MICHAEL THOMPSON WILL RUN FOR RE-ELECTION DESPITE SEXUAL ASSAULT CHARGES

Oct 05, 2022

By Jane Brown

Share on

Michael Thompson says he is continuing with his bid for re-election as Toronto city councillor for Scarborough Centre, despite sexual assault charges filed against him last week.

Thompson has announced he intends to stand in the October 24th municipal while declining to answer questions about the charges.

Thompson says he believes in the judicial system and the process and says he’s very happy with respect to the strong support he says he’s receiving from his constituents.

Thompson’s situation was the focus of discussion on Zoomer Radio’s Fight Back with Libby Znaimer among our Recovering Politicians panelists, including former Ontario NDP Leader Howard Hampton.

“My sense is that people will hold judgement on this, but it will certainly be an issue that is discussed and debated. Questions will be asked etcetera etcetera, and of course it will get some media attention,” Hampton mused.

Michael Thompson has hired Jennifer Brevorka to represent him in the case.

She is a partner at the firm of high powered litigator Marie Henein.

The allegations have not been tested in court.

Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: