Sep 21, 2021
By Jane Brown
They’re open to all ages!
Mayor John Tory says in Etobicoke, York and Scarborough city residents will be able to sign up for recreation programs starting on Saturday.
And then people in East York, North York and the old City of Toronto will be able to register beginning on Sunday.
“There’s about 88,000 spaces available for all of the usual programs,” Mayor Tory explained on Tuesday morning, “Swimming, skating and all kinds of recreation programs. They have been modified to some extent to make sure they’re safe from a health standpoint, but the recreation registration and program registration will be much the same as it takes place online.”
Weekly group classes and workshops are available for a variety of programs for all ages including arts, fitness and wellness, general interest, skating, sports, swimming, virtual programming as well as December holiday programs. Programs will begin on Saturday, October 16.
The Provincial proof of vaccination and valid identification requirements will be in place starting September 22 for many program participants, visitors and spectators entering indoor areas of City fitness centres and weight rooms, arenas, pools, gymnasiums, sport and fitness programs, meeting and event spaces and theatres.
• Indoor areas of fitness centres, weight rooms and fitness classes for participants 12 years and older
• Organized sports, dance, martial arts and swimming programs for participants 18 years and older
• Spectators 12 years and older and their caregivers, and those 18 years and older accessing an indoor area used for sports and recreation fitness activities
Some exceptions include:
• Children under 12 years old
• Patrons under 18 years actively participating (i.e. not spectators) in organized sport
• Medical exceptions with a written document from a medical doctor or registered nurse
• Patrons entering the facility solely for washroom use, to make a payment or register for a program
The link to reigster is efun.toronto.ca. Phone registration is also available at 416-396-7378, beginning at 7am on registration dates.