CITY LOOKING TO EXPAND SIDEWALK SNOW CLEARING ACROSS TORONTO

May 17, 2021

By Bob Komsic

Share on
Curious timing given the summer-like weather, but, the City of Toronto announces a plan to expand sidewalk snow clearing to all neighbourhoods, starting this winter.
(AlexColangelo/Twitter)
After testing smaller plows the past two winters, city staff conclude they could clear 91% of sidewalks, with the remaining 9% cleared manually by City workers.
Currently, around 85% of Toronto sidewalks are cleared by plows.
”Providing city-wide sidewalk snow clearing is the right thing to do,” says Mayor John Tory in a statement.
”This will mean that when the snow starts to fall this winter all 7,300-kilometres of sidewalk in Toronto will be cleared by the city.”
The proposal to expand sidewalk snow clearing goes before the City’s Infrastructure and Environment Committee next week, then to City Council for debate next month.
Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: