Jul 08, 2017
By Bob Sheppard
Charges are being dropped against many of the people who were caught up in last year’s police raids on Toronto marijuana dispensaries.
Toronto Police spokesman Mark Pugash says the Crown’s decision to drop charges against 45 of the 90 people arrested was based on the time and resources that would be needed to prosecute.
Another 27 people have agreed to a peace bond that would place restrictions on them in return for charges against them not proceeding.
Pugash says police did achieve what they set out to do: taking a large quantity of drugs off the street.