Zoomer Radio AM 740, Toronto’s Best of the Best station, wants to bring you the programming you love in FM Stereo.
We need your support. We currently have an application in with the CRTC – Canadian Radio-Television Telecommunications Commission to resolve interference problems in Toronto, by adding our signal to FM.
But it’s a competition – and that’s where loyal listeners like you come in.
Please help us by writing a letter to the CRTC and telling them why you love Zoomer Radio.
- Zoomer Radio has unique programs – you can’t get anything like it on the FM dial in the GTA.
- GTA Listeners have trouble with Zoomer Radio reception on the AM dial, especially in the car or in highrises downtown.
- Zoomer Radio reaches a unique demographic – you, the Boomer with Zip!
- Zoomer Radio is a public service, offering valuable health and longevity advice to its listeners.
- I love the music on Zoomer Radio!
Here’s what to do:
Submit your letter of Intervention to the CRTC before 8 pm Toronto time on Monday, April 2, 2012 so that it may be considered and become part of the public record.
Please be sure to include this reference in your letter!
Broadcasting Notice of Consultation CRTC 2012-126 –Application 2011-1614-5 -Technical Amendment for CFZM (AM 740) Toronto
Here’s how you do it:
1. Use this direct Link to the CRTC, click SUBMIT, and follow the instructions (we’re listed as MZ Media)
2. Mail a Letter by CanadaPost to:
Mr. John Traversey
3. Fax a Letter to 819-994-0218
Let us know if you want to be a part of the public hearing to lend your support to ZoomerRadio by sending an email to us: CRTC@AM740.ca
Here are some other notes about your letter:
- Identify yourself and why you’re writing, e.g. “I am a retired person and Goldhawk Fights back helped me with my insurance problems” or, “I am a city gardener and The Gardening Show helped me with my vegetable garden” so that the CRTC can understand why you’re writing.
- Tell the CRTC why it’s important that Zoomer Radio receives an FM licence, e.g. “I will be able to listen to it interference-free in my car”, “The quality of the music will be better in stereo”, “I would like shows about Zoomer interests on the FM dial”
- Please number the paragraphs in your letter so it’s easier to reference the content in correspondence or in a public hearing.
- Finally, end your letter with a clear statement of support, e.g. “I would like the CRTC to give Zoomer Radio AM 740 an FM licence”.
Don’t forget to include your contact information so that the CRTC can follow up.
We’d also like to know if you’ve written, so let us know at CRTC@AM740.ca
Please ask your friends and other fans of ZoomerRadio to write, too!