Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on October 17 and 18, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we’ll discuss preventative health heading into colder weather with Dr. Gordon Chang, Improving your happiness with Dr. Jon Cowan cooking soups and stews with Fall produce with Shauna Lindzon, and mindful self care with Tracey Soghrati.
We specifically discuss:
Changing Seasons and Your Health
- Prepping our body systems to optimize health
- Vitamin D: efficacies and dosage
- Liver Cleanse
- Herbal Cleanse
- Reasonable expectations from cleansing
- Are North Americans less happy?
- Measuring happiness
- Happiness vs. lack of stress
- The link between happiness and addiction
- How do we regain our happiness?
- What happens if we don’t train ourselves to be happy?
- What are the health benefits of being happy?
Cooking Soups and Stews with Fall Produce
- Comfort foods and hearty foods
- Roasting squash
- Storing herbs and spices
- Toasting spices
Mindful Self Care
- What is self care?
- Helping professions
- Mental, physical and emotional stress
- How does self care connect to mindfulness?
- Frequency and consistency
- Discipline in your practice
- What are examples of self care practices?
For more information about show sponsor OmegaAlpha and Dr. Gordon Chang go here.
To learn more about Dr. Jon Cowan and the Happi Trainer go here
To learn more about Shauna Lindzon go here.
To learn more about Tracey Soghrati go here.