Welcome to this episode of The Tonic, terrestrially broadcast on October 3 and 4, 2020 on AM740 and FM 96.7 in Toronto. Topics covered on the show track the lifestyle articles and themes published in Tonic Magazine. This week we discuss prostate health benefits of probiotics with Dr. Philip Rouchotas ND, dealing with acute back pain with Dr. Erin Boynton, spicing up your baking with Naomi Bussin and the pros and cons of abstinence with Carlyle Jansen
We specifically discuss:
- What is the prostate and what does it do?
- Who is affected by BPH and why?
- How can you tell if you are suffering from BPH?
- What can we do to treat BPH?
- Natural health products that treat BPH
- Saw Palmetto
- Stinging Nettle
- Plant Sterols
- Rye Flour Pollen Extract
- PSA testing for Prostate Cancer
Dealing With Acute Back Pain
- What is acute back pain?
- What is the cause of acute back pain?
- The signs of a more serious condition: ie. disc herniation
- What do you do if you’re suffering from acute back pain?
- Rest, position, and wakening up core muscles
- When is it time to see a doctor?
- How long does acute back pain to resolve?
- Who can help with sore back muscles?
Spicing Up Your Baking
- Why include spice into your baking?
- The New Way To Cake – Benjamina Ebuehi
- Sumach Apple Cake, Rosemary Chocolate Mini-Tortes
- CONTEST: Email [email protected] and explain why you love THE TONIC to win your copy of The New Way to Cake!
- Mastering Spice – Lior Lev Sercarz
- Cardamom, Pink Peppercorn and Urfa Chili Brownies
- Tips for experimenting with herbs in baking
- Silan, Mexican Chocolate, Aleppo Pepper, Cardamom and Black Pepper, Ginger, Turmeric
- Defining abstinence
- Does abstinence exclude masturbation?
- What would lead someone to choose abstinence?
- Fear and anxiety driving abstinence
- Are there benefits to abstinence?
- What are the drawbacks to abstinence?
- Responsive desire
- “Use it or lose it”
For more information about show sponsor New Roots Herbal go here.
For more information about Dr. Philip Rouchotas ND go here.
To learn more about Dr. Erin Boynton go here.
To read Naomi Bussin’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.
To read Carlyle Jansen’s articles in Tonic Magazine go here.