2 CONFIRMED CORONAVIRUS CASES IN TORONTO, 1 PRESUMPTIVE IN B.C.
Jan 28, 2020
By Bob Komsic
The husband and wife from Toronto, who recently returned from China, have both been confirmed to have the coronavirus, while there’s now a presumptive case in the Vancouver-area.
It’s a man in his 40s, who frequently works in China, who also flew back last week.
He’s in isolation at home.
The B.C. public health officer says the risk of the virus spreading remains low.
Globe and Mail health reporter Andre Picard told Zoomer Radio’s ”Fight Back” with Libby Znaimer, public health has a tough job.
”Public Health is fighting an uphill battle because new things do make us much more frightened. We tend to not put things into context. We just lose that sense of being reasonable when new things come along and headlines are screaming about a deadly virus,” added Picard.
China’s confirmed more than 4,500 cases with at least 106 deaths.