FORD GOV'T GIVES ONTARIO HOSPITALS $90M FOR 1,100 BEDS AHEAD OF FLU SEASON

Oct 03, 2018

By Bob Komsic

Share on
The Ford government is giving hospitals across Ontario $90-million to deal with anticipated overcrowding ahead of flu season, which normally results in many patients being treated in hallways.
Last year the previous Wynne government gave hospitals $100-million.
NDP Leader Andrea Horwath says both of those amounts fall far short of the $300-million she says is needed to help address hallway medicine.
The Ford Tories also announced that they will proceed with their election promise to add 30,000 new long-term care beds over 10 years. 
The announcement was made at the first meeting of the Premier’s Council on Improving Healthcare and Ending Hallway Medicine, which will be led by Dr. Rueben Devlin.
Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: