Nov 25, 2014
By Michael Kramer
The CBC says it has reached an agreement with former radio host Jian Ghomeshi – and he has withdrawn his $55-million lawsuit against the broadcaster.
According to CBC spokesman Chuck Thompson, Ghomeshi is expected to pay $18,000 in legal costs to the CBC.
He says “The civil suit has been dismissed with costs in favour of CBC.”
The former “Q” radio host’s lawsuit alleged defamation – and breach of confidence.
Ghomeshi was fired by CBC last month – after allegations from numerous women alleging “abusive behaviour.”
Police are investigating complaints by at least three of the women.
Ghomeshi has denied the allegations and posted on Facebook that he engaged in “rough sex” with women, but insisted it was always consensual.