Aug 22, 2014
By Michael Kramer
The shortlist is out for the 40th anniversary of The Toronto Book Awards – which honour “writing of artistic or literary merit evocative of Toronto.”
The five finalists named by The City of Toronto and the Toronto Public Library are:
– ANTHONY DE SA ..for “KICKING THE SKY.” (Doubleday)
– CHARLOTTE GRAY .. for “THE MASSEY MURDER: A MAID, HER MASTER AND A TRIAL THAT SHOCKED A COUNTRY.” (Harpercollins Canada)
– CARRIANNE K.Y. LEUNG .. for “THE WONDEROUS WOO.” (Inanna Publications)
– NICK SAUL & ANDREA CURTIS ..for “THE STOP: HOW THE FIGHT FOR GOOD FOOD TRANSFORMED A COMMUNITY AND INSPIRED A MOVEMENT.” (Random House Canada)
– SHYAM SELVADURAI.. for “THE HUNGRY GHOSTS.” (Doubleday)
Shortlisted authors will read at “The Word On The Street” event on Sunday, September 21st at Queen’s Park North.
The $10,000 winner will be announced on October 16th.