CNE SHUTS DOWN TWO MORE FOOD VENDORS

Aug 28, 2013

By Michael Kramer

Share on

Two more food vendors at the Canadian National Exhibition have been shut down.

Toronto Public Health has closed Bourbon Street Grill and Bao 360 Shanghai Express  for  food safety reasons and for being in breach of the CNE contract.

Jim Chan is with Toronto Public Health.

He says the main issue concerns the handling and processing of hazardous foods – especially chicken.   

The closures follow an investigation last week that shut down EPIC Burgers and Waffles  after hundreds of fair-goers became ill .

The  general manager of the fair, David Bednar  says the CNE continues to be vigilant about food safety and there’s no room for compromise.

The the two food vendors named today will stay closed for the remainder of the CNE’s run through to September 2nd.

Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: