ONTARIO GOVERNMENT COULD FACE ANOTHER CONTEMPT MOTION

Aug 14, 2013

By Michael Kramer

Share on

Another contempt motion against Ontario’s  Liberal government is planned and that could tie – up all other business in the legislature when it resumes sitting next month.

Tory house leader Jim Wilson plans to file the motion because the Liberal chair of the justice committee refused to allow questions about emails that he says show a “Liberal plot” to intimidate Speaker Dave Levac.

Debate on  a contempt motion would bring all other business to a halt.

But Wilson says there’s no more important issue for the legislature to deal with and the public has a right to know “if unelected Liberal operatives threatened the Speaker and attempted to hijack Ontario’s democracy.”

Speaker Levac found there was a “prima facie” case of contempt against then-energy minister Chris Bentley after the government initially refused to release documents on two cancelled gas plants that had been requested by a committee.

Join Our Fan Club
Coverage Area
Downtown Toronto
96.7FM
Toronto HD
96.3 HD-2
Kingston to Windsor, Parry Sound to Pittsburgh
AM740
ZoomerRadio Logo

Recently Played: