Sep 28, 2012
By Michael Kramer
Two more West Nile deaths have been reported in Ontario, bringing the number of deaths in the province attributed to the virus in 2012 to four.
The health department in Durham Region east of Toronto says it has documented seven cases of West Nile so far this year – three confirmed and four probable, including the two deaths.
On Thursday Ontario public health officials confirmed two people died after contracting the West Nile virus.
Health officials attributed the deaths of a 71-year-old man in Windsor-Essex County in southwestern Ontario, and a 74-year-old Toronto man to the virus.
Public Health Ontario says there have been 220 confirmed and probable cases of West Nile in the province as of Sept. 25.