Nov 10, 2023
By Andy Johnson
Tomorrow is Remembrance Day across Canada, honouring those who fought in two world wars, Korea and Afghanistan and those who served in various peace keeping missions around the world.
This morning, the veterans who reside at Toronto’s Sunnybrook Hospital, will awaken again to a sea of Canadian Flags.
That’s part of “Operation Raise a Flag” a program that raises funds and reminds our veterans that Canadians they are not forgotten.
The City of Toronto will host a Remembrance Day ceremony at Old City Hall beginning at 10:45.
Remembrance Day services will also be held at the following locations
• East York Civic Centre Memorial Gardens (850 Coxwell Ave.)
• Etobicoke Civic Centre Cenotaph (399 The West Mall)
• North York Cenotaph in York Cemetery (160 Beecroft Road)
• Scarborough War Memorial (2190 Kingston Rd.)
• York Civic Centre Cenotaph (2700 Eglinton Ave. W.)
Those ceremonies all begin at 10:45.
• Fort York National Historic Site – Garrison Common (100 Garrison Rd. It begins at 10:30.