Jun 30, 2023
By Jane Brown
City of Toronto outdoor pools and wading pools are now fully open for the summer!
Starting Friday June 30th, the City of Toronto is officially opening outdoor pools and 90 supervised wading pools for their full summer schedule.
The outdoor pools will be open daily until Sunday September 3rd at 4 p.m., except for 10 that will remain open until Monday September 4th at 5 p.m.
Most of the City’s outdoor pools are open daily from noon to approximately 8 p.m.
You’re asked to check the hours for specific pools at toronto.ca/swim.
The City’s 140+ splash and spray pads operating across Toronto will be open until Sunday September 17th.
Lifeguard supervision at nine City beaches is also available seven days a week from 10:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., with lifeguard supervision beginning Saturday July 1st at a tenth beach.
Pools which may be temporarily closed are listed on the Pool Closures and Services Alert page at toronto.ca/data/parks/alerts/swim/index.html.
People visiting the City’s outdoor pools are reminded that:
• Supervision and/or swimming ability requirements are in place for children under 10 years of age.
• Outdoor leisure swimming is free for all ages and reservations are not required.
• Outdoor lane swim is free and open to swimmers seven years of age and older for swimming in continuous lengths or widths.
• Caregivers should supervise children at all times.
• Pool visitors must listen to the on-duty lifeguards.