Aug 30, 2022
By Jane Brown
An investigation is underway by York Region Public Health after reports several diners become seriously ill following a weekend meal at a restaurant in Markham.
The owners of Delight Restaurant and BBQ on Hwy 48 south of Major Mackenzie Dr. East are apparently cooperating after health inspectors closed the restaurant.
A senior scientist at University Health Network advises anyone who got sick after eating there to go to emergency.
The concern is that they may have ingested the highly toxic plant Aconite.
York Region police confirm a number of people were taken to hospital Sunday night.
Effects of ingesting aconite include nausea, vomiting, cramping, numbness, muscle weakness along with some life threatening conditions.