Feb 12, 2021
By Christine Ross
Despite warnings of a possible third COVID-19 wave, the Ford government’s announced 27 regions will re-open their economies on Tuesday for two weeks before being re-assessed.
The stay-at-home order is being lifted for those two dozen regions that are moving back to the colour-coded system of restrictions on Tuesday, February 16th.
Nine including Ottawa will move to the orange level.
Eleven including Durham, Halton, Hamilton and Windsor-Essex, will move to the red level where everything except movie theatres can re-open but with strict capacity limits.
Restaurants and bars can serve up to 10 customers indoors but most stop serving alcohol by 9 p.m. and close by 10 p.m. Social gatherings are limited to no more than five inside and 24 outside under red control level. Also under red, gyms, hair and nail salons can re-open with capacity limits.
Three regions in Eastern Ontario opened earlier this week in the green level but municipal leaders are discouraging visitors from out of town.
A stay at home order remains in effect until at least February 22nd for the Toronto, York and Peel regions as well as the North Bay Parry Sound District.
Here’s the complete list:
· Niagara Region Public Health
· Chatham-Kent Public Health;
· City of Hamilton Public Health Services;
· Durham Region Health Department;
· Halton Region Public Health;
· Middlesex-London Health Unit;
· Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services;
· Simcoe-Muskoka District Health Unit;
· Southwestern Public Health;
· Thunder Bay District Health Unit;
· Wellington-Dufferin Guelph Public Health; and
· Windsor-Essex County Health Unit.
· Brant County Health Unit;
· Eastern Ontario Health Unit;
· Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit;
· Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit;
· Huron Perth Public Health;
· Lambton Public Health;
· Ottawa Public Health;
· Porcupine Health Unit; and
· Public Health Sudbury and Districts.
· Algoma Public Health;
· Grey Bruce Health Unit;
· Northwestern Health Unit; and
· Peterborough Public Health.
· Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit; and
· Timiskaming Health Unit.
For North Bay Parry Sound District, Peel Public Health, Toronto Public Health and York Region Public Health, it is proposed that the shutdown measures and the Stay-at-Home order will continue to apply until at least Monday, February 22, 2021. Please visit Ontario.ca/covidresponse for the full list of public health region classifications.