Jul 10, 2015
By Valerie Massie
Our weekend birthday edition has controversies and conundrums. But here goes!
10. MR. BOJANGLES – The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (Jeff Hanna turns 68)
9. MAGNET AND STEEL – Walter Egan (67)
8. GO ALL THE WAY – The Raspberries (Dave Smalley 66)
7. HEAT OF THE MOMENT – Asia (John Wetton 66)
Here’s our first conundrum. Some sources say John Wetton’s birthday is JUNE 12, some say JULY. We say “What the heck, let’s play a great song and have twice as much cake!”
6. HEARTBEAT – IT’S A LOVEBEAT – The DiFranco Family (Benny DiFranco 62)
5. CITY OF NEW ORLEANS – Arlo Guthrie (68)
4. RIVERS OF BABYLON – Boney M (Liz Mitchell 63)
3. THE RAIN, THE PARK & OTHER THINGS – The Cowsills (Barbara Cowsill born 1928)
2. FIRE – The Pointer Sisters (Bonnie Pointer 65)
And there’s the controversy! Bonnie Pointer left the group just before that song was recorded; however, the sisters have reunited periodically over the years, and Bonnie has performed that song with them a few times as well.
1. YOU MAKE LOVING FUN – Fleetwood Mac (Christine McVie 72)
To learn about advertising opportunities with Zoomer Radio use the link below: