- Join the AM740 Fan ClubSign up for the e-Newsletter:
- Sidebar Inhouse Tile – Zoomer Report
- App Box
- Arts & Events
- The Shaw Festival
- The Shaw Festival – great theatre in the heart of Niagara wine country.
- Apr 3
- Kim's Convenience
- The New AM 740 is the Official Radio Sponsor of Soulpepper's Kim’s Convenience.
- May 23
- "CATS" returns to Toronto
- CATS is set to make its triumphant return to Toronto, has added an additional four weeks of performances due to extremely high ticket demand. Directed by Dave Campbell, this all-Canadian production of CATS will have music direction by original Canadian company member Lona Davis, choreography by Gino Berti remounting Gillian Lynne’s original Broadway choreography, production design by Tim Webb, lighting design by Brad Trenaman and sound design by Peter McBoyle. In addition, Toronto-based technology company Rose and Thistle’s patented hologram technology Holographic Paramotion is being utilized in the set design taking holograms and adding multiple layers of depth to integrate images into the live production. The complete all-Canadian cast will be announced. It’s been 28 years since legendary Canadian producer Marlene Smith, Nu Musical Theatricals chairperson, first produced Andrew Lloyd Webber’s blockbuster show at the pre-renovation Elgin Theatre in Toronto. Collaborating with Smith is her son, Geoffrey Smith, Nu Musical Theatricals Executive Producer; Classical Theatre Project’s David Galpern and Charles Roy; and Starvox Entertainment president Corey Ross. Performance schedule: Tuesday-Saturday @ 7:30pm; Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday @ 1:30pm For more information or to purchase tickets visit www.mirvish.com
- May 28
- Big Band Legends: A Tribute to Crooners and Songbirds
- After selling out in St. Jacobs and Grand Bend in 2012, join us for an original Drayton Entertainment production that honours the great crooners and songbirds of our time, backed by an all-star orchestra. The icons are all here: Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Tony Bennett, Neil Diamond, Paul Anka, Doris Day, Bobby Darin, Harry Connick, Jr., Michael Bublé, and more. For tickets and showtime information call 1-855-372-9866
- Jun 12
- Théâtre La Tangente presents "Americandream.ca/Chapter One"
- From the company that produced the spectacular multi-media production L’Implorante, Théâtre La Tangentereturns with Americandream.ca. Original and audacious, this bilingual work by Claude Guilmain, first part of a trilogy, will feature choreographed movement and video projections. Presented at Theatre Glendon from June 18 to 22, the show will be offered with English audio translation. We are led to believe that anything is possible and if faith is not enough, happiness, like everything else, is a commodity that can be bought. But the American dream is a mirage and in the case of the Cardinal family, disappointment is a heritage that has been passed on from generation to generation. This project was inspired by the parable of the talents (Matthew XXV, 14-30) that could very well be interpreted by some as a seed for capitalism. Americandream.ca is the story of three siblings, Alain, Maude and Claude Cardinal, three baby-boomers who have gathered to celebrate Alain’s 50th birthday along with his wife Pat, and Maude’s two adult children, Brigitte and Émilie, six characters, each living a personal tragedy that only the spectators will be privy to. After too many years of keeping up appearances, will the masks fall away under the pressure? The background of this story takes us to New York city in the late 1930’s where the protagonists’ grand father, Joseph Cardinal, has brought his wife and son from a small town in Québec in search of a brighter future. Joseph is a gambler and it doesn’t take long for him to accumulate debts. And one day in 1942, he simply disappears forcing his wife and son to return to Québec. Alain, Maude and Claude will have never known “the shame” of the family, as their grandfather was referred to in hushed tones while they were growing up. No one is really certain of when, where or even if he has died. The eventual discovery of their grand father’s fate will have a very different effect on the paths Alain, Maude and Claude’s lives will take. For tickets and more information call 416 947-7909 or visit www.americandream.ca
- Jun 18
- The Shaw Festival
- SHOPLooking to buy music that is featured on AM740 Zoomer Radio?
Marvelous Molly is friendly, affectionate, outgoing, confident, and good with change.…
If you missed Matt Dusk live at the Zoomerplex on May 8th, you have another chance to see his…
Goldhawk Fights Back: Moses Znaimer, Zoomer Radio’s founder and guiding light, talks about…
A recent post on Buzzfeed got us thinking about some of the amazing tributes that some fans have…