On this edition of the Zoomer Week in Review, Libby speaks with Author David Cravit about Canada’s aging population, highlighted in the latest Census. Dr. Mark Liponis tells us why he thinks everyone is either a hunter or a farmer – and what both types should and shouldn’t eat! And we’ll hear some music by Bob Dylan – he was just awarded the Medal Of Freedom by U.S. President Barack Obama!
- Join the AM740 Fan ClubSign up for the e-Newsletter:
- Sidebar Inhouse Tile – Zoomer Report
- App Box
- Arts & Events
- "The Little Mermaid"
- Toronto is awash with excitement in light of news that Ross Petty Productions has announced that the 18th annual holiday pantomime at the Elgin Theatre will be THE LITTLE MERMAID, running November 22, 2013 – January 4, 2014. Petty is leaving behind the Brothers Grimm and entering Hans Christian Andersen territory through this classic story, but with a Petty pivot – his first-ever foray into the fishy fairy tale where anyFIN goes! OPENING NIGHT: Thursday, November 28, 2013 @ 7pm TICKETS ON SALE NOW! $85/$75/$64/$27 Adults • $59 Children under 12 • $235 Family 4-Pack Tickets can be purchased online at www.rosspetty.com by phone at 1.855.599.9090
- Nov 4
- Masterpieces from the Guggenheim Museum to Toronto
- This fall the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) will display a magnificent exhibition of avant-garde masterpieces from one of the world’s most prominent collections. The Great Upheaval: Modern Masterpieces from the Guggenheim Collection features nearly 70 works from the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation’s collection in New York, including paintings and sculptures. The exhibition will be on view at the AGO from Nov. 30, 2013, to March 2, 2014. Focusing on the period from 1910 to 1918, The Great Upheaval: Modern Masterpieces from the Guggenheim Collection explores a time of tremendous creativity and artistic innovation, as artists grappled with themes of social fragmentation, technological development and the spectacle of the changing city.
- Nov 30
- The Church of the Redeemer presents a dramatic reading of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol
- The Church of the Redeemer presents a dramatic reading of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol featuring the following readers: Marilyn Lightstone Nick Mancuso Loreena McKennitt Cedric Smith R H Thomson Tickets are $25 for adults and $10 for children under 12. All proceeds will go to Redeemer’s Outreach Program For more info/tickets visit www.TheRedeemer.ca
- Dec 8
- ARB production of Splish Splash – The Bobby Darin Story
- The New AM 740 presents the ARB production of Splish Splash – The Bobby Darin Story. Showtime and ticket information are available by calling 1-800-753-9857 or by visiting www.carmens.com
- Dec 10
- TSO presents "Christmas Pops"
- Festival Holiday favourites featuring soprano Ashley Brown, Broadway’s original Mary Poppins. For more information or to order tickets visit www.tso.ca or call (416) 593-4828.
- Dec 10
- "The Little Mermaid"
- SHOPLooking to buy music that is featured on AM740 Zoomer Radio?
Spunkie is an interesting little girl. As you approach her cage she may hide in her box, however,…
Founded in 2007, Record Store Day was a way to bring “together fans, artists, and thousands of…
Smokey Robinson and Berry Gordy (photo: IMDB) The Grammy Museum will hold their first Architect Of…
We know that vinyl records are a thing of the past and maybe our collections need a bit of dusting…