On this episode of The Garden Show Charlie Dobbin gives an update on Canada Blooms 2012 that opened on March 16th. Charlie and Frank Proctor take listeners calls and answer questions. How should you introduce a hibiscus tree to the out of doors, when should you trim a mock orange, how to keep your day lilies under control and more questions are answered on this episode.
- Join the AM740 Fan ClubSign up for the e-Newsletter:
- Sidebar Inhouse Tile – Zoomer Report
- App Box
- Arts & Events
- "The Little Mermaid"
- Toronto is awash with excitement in light of news that Ross Petty Productions has announced that the 18th annual holiday pantomime at the Elgin Theatre will be THE LITTLE MERMAID, running November 22, 2013 – January 4, 2014. Petty is leaving behind the Brothers Grimm and entering Hans Christian Andersen territory through this classic story, but with a Petty pivot – his first-ever foray into the fishy fairy tale where anyFIN goes! OPENING NIGHT: Thursday, November 28, 2013 @ 7pm TICKETS ON SALE NOW! $85/$75/$64/$27 Adults • $59 Children under 12 • $235 Family 4-Pack Tickets can be purchased online at www.rosspetty.com by phone at 1.855.599.9090
- Nov 4
- Masterpieces from the Guggenheim Museum to Toronto
- This fall the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO) will display a magnificent exhibition of avant-garde masterpieces from one of the world’s most prominent collections. The Great Upheaval: Modern Masterpieces from the Guggenheim Collection features nearly 70 works from the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation’s collection in New York, including paintings and sculptures. The exhibition will be on view at the AGO from Nov. 30, 2013, to March 2, 2014. Focusing on the period from 1910 to 1918, The Great Upheaval: Modern Masterpieces from the Guggenheim Collection explores a time of tremendous creativity and artistic innovation, as artists grappled with themes of social fragmentation, technological development and the spectacle of the changing city.
- Nov 30
- ARB production of Splish Splash – The Bobby Darin Story
- The New AM 740 presents the ARB production of Splish Splash – The Bobby Darin Story. Showtime and ticket information are available by calling 1-800-753-9857 or by visiting www.carmens.com
- Dec 10
- TSO presents "Christmas Pops"
- Festival Holiday favourites featuring soprano Ashley Brown, Broadway’s original Mary Poppins. For more information or to order tickets visit www.tso.ca or call (416) 593-4828.
- Dec 10
- "Darlene Love: It's Christmas Of Course"
- The New AM 740 is the “Official Radio Sponsor” of Darlene Love: It's Christmas Of Course. Darlene Love is known for her first number one recording, “He’s A Rebel", her string of label hits with legendary producer Phil Spector, including “Da Doo Ron Ron”, “He’s Sure The Boy I’m Gonna Marry”, and “Christmas Baby Please Come Home” to the countless songs she sang backup on for artists like Sam Cooke, Elvis Presley, Dionne Warwick, Cher and Aretha Franklin. For tickets and more information call 905-305-7469 or visit www.markhamtheatre.ca
- Dec 13
- "The Little Mermaid"
- SHOPLooking to buy music that is featured on AM740 Zoomer Radio?
Meet Lucy, a bouncy young lass looking for a quiet, experienced home. She can be quite nervous at…
Founded in 2007, Record Store Day was a way to bring “together fans, artists, and thousands of…
Smokey Robinson and Berry Gordy (photo: IMDB) The Grammy Museum will hold their first Architect Of…
We know that vinyl records are a thing of the past and maybe our collections need a bit of dusting…