12:15pm ET | Pam Oakes, owner Pam’s Motor City Automotive Fort Myers, FL
TOPIC – Her new BOOK – Car Care for the Clueless: Successful Used Car Buying 101.
INFO – Car Care for the Clueless and Amazon Books announce the launching of ASE-certified auto tech Pam Oakes’ second consumer car care book, “Car Care for the Clueless: Successful Used Car Buying 101”. Oakes takes you through the paces from what type of vehicle will suit your needs to different financing options. It’s all about the consumer getting the right car or truck for the right price!
“I acquired my dealer’s license a couple of years ago and was amazed at what goes on behind the scenes,” Oakes said. “There is a lot of information that the consumer is not aware — and needs to know — before making a vehicle purchase. “
Oakes writes: “You would rather have a silver crossover versus that green mini van that you have been driving for the past ump-teen years. You just really hate looking at that one-time red, but now pinkish-purple blob that’s waiting for you at the end of each work day. Boy, what you wouldn’t give for that black sports car. The question is whether it is economically feasible to trade now or wait for a better financial opportunity. In other words – what’s your car worth and how much can you get for your trade.”
BIO – Pam Oakes has been an ASE-Certified Technician (Automotive Service Excellent), since 1995.
- Holds a degree in Electronic Engineering Technology (EETAS)
- She has repaired tens of thousands of vehicles ever since.
- Fourth generation automotive technician: Her great-grandfather Leonard Smith, grandfather, Ralph Smith and father Jerry Oakes were all automotive technicians. Pam’s dad has more than 45years as a tech; worked with Pam from 1996 to 2004.
- She started Pam’s Motor City Automotive in 1995. Pam was the sole employee – which grew into what it is today a 12-bay shop with 10 employees.
- Pam’s Motor City Automotive has won numerous awards throughout the years – local, regional, and national.
- Estero Island Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR), second regent2009-2011
- Author of “Car Care for the Clueless: Or How You Can ‘Make Money’ While Maintaining Your Vehicle”, 2011; “Car Care for the Clueless: Successful Used Car Buying 101″, 2012
- Radio host of “Car Care for the Clueless” on webtalkradio.net and WGRN radio
- Co-producer of CAR-ER show, 2011-2012
- Hosts a semi-monthly car care clinic for women, since 1996
- Former Newspaper reporter and editor